The State Cross-Country Relay Championships is a Teams event, where 3 athletes complete a Relay over a Cross-Country course. The distances are less than the individual Cross-Country distances to allow greater flexibility and formation of Teams. Athletes do not carry a baton, they start and finish within a transition zone.
U9 & U10: 3 x 1km
U11 & U12: 3 x 1.5km
U13, U14, U15 & U16: 3 x 2km (2 laps of 1km)
U9-U10: 3 x 1km
U11-U12: 3 x 1.5km
U13-U16: 3 x 1.5km
10.30am: U9 Boys & Girls
11.00am: U10 Boys & Girls
11.30am: U13 & U16 Boys & Girls, Multi-Class U9-U10 Boys & Girls
12.15pm: U14 & U15 Boys & Girls
1.30pm: U11 Boys & Girls, Multi-Class U11-U12 & U13-U16 Boys & Girls
2.00pm: U12 Boys & Girls
Events and Team Composition
The Team must consist of 3 athletes from the same gender, except for Multi-Class.
Athletes can only run one leg of a Relay, and athletes cannot compete in more than one Team.
The Multi-Class Teams must consist of 3 athletes, they can be a Mixed Team of any combination of boys and girls, or all from the same gender.
The Age group types for Multi-Class are, U9-U10, U11-U12 and U13-U16.
Age Group Promotion
– Except for an athlete promoted to a higher age group, athletes must only compete in events listed for the age group in which they are registered.
– Athletes cannot be promoted from the U6, U7 or U8 age groups.
– Athletes can be promoted as follows:
1. All age groups except Multi-Class: no more than 2 age groups
2. Multi-Class athletes: can be promoted into all avaliable age group types
– A Team may consist of any combination of age groups providing at least one athlete in the Team must be in the age group for which the Team is entered, and no athlete will have been promoted to more age groups than permitted.
– A promoted athlete must be listed in a Team on the Teamsheet as a promoted athlete.
Invoices for entries will be issued once entries have closed.
Payment is to be made by Direct Deposit or Centre/Region Cheque only – details regarding both will be specified in the invoice.