The Introduction to Teaching Little Athletics Skills (ITLAS) is designed to help participants become better placed to assist children to perform basic athletic skills. The course is great for parents, volunteers, previous Little Athletes and school teachers, who want to know a little more about the skills of the sport in order to help at Little Athletics Centres or prepare students for a school athletics carnival. Participants will be shown the skills, drills, and activities relevant to the target age group of primary school age athletes. The ITLAS is a non accredited practical course designed for Little Athletics and conducted on behalf of Little Athletics Australia- LAA.
- Better understand an appropriate working model for each Little Athletics event
- Have a greater knowledge of appropriate drills, skills, and activities for each event group
- Identify some of the more common technical faults of each event
- Better understand the development of athletes.
- Have a basic understanding of a simple coaching session.
- Better understand how to organise a group safely.
$70.00 + GameDay processing fee, includes all practical sessions, Interactive PDF coaching resources and manual, handouts, Centre Officiating Handbook.
Please see attached flyer and table below for more details.