2021 Powercor Stawell Gift – Little Athletics Handicaps
This last year’s event page please click HERE to view the 2022 Powercor Stawell Gift – Little Athletics Handicaps event page.
Australia’s richest footrace, the Powercor Stawell Gift, returns to Central Park April 3-5, 2021 over the Easter long weekend with three action-packed days of elite athletic racing, activities and family entertainment. Marking its 139th year of racing, the Powercor Stawell Gift remains one of the richest footraces in the world and continues to be a prominent event on the Australian sporting calendar.
Date: 3rd April – 5th April 2021
Location: Central Park, Stawell
Age Groups: U9 – U16 Athletes
Entries Open: Wednesday, 3rd March 2021
Entries Close: Friday 12th March 2021 (11:59 PM-midnight)
To be eligible to enter a Little Athletics event at the 2020 Stawell Gift, an athlete is required to be a financial member for the 2020-21 season with Little Athletics & meet the sanctioned events criteria (see below).
1 event: $20 + Processing Fee
2 events: $25 + Processing Fee
3 events: $30 + Processing Fee
4 events: $35 + Processing Fee
Available to enter & age groups permitted;
100m Boys (96 spaces): U9 – U16
100m Girls (96 spaces): U9 – U16
400m Mixed (150 spaces): U9 -U16
800m Mixed (105 spaces): U9 – U16
1600m Mixed (42 spaces): U11 – U16
The 400m, 800m & 1600m events will be combined gender events.
Saturday 3rd April: 800m heats & final
Sunday 4th April: 100m heats, 400m heats
Monday 5th April: 100m semi-finals & final, 400m final, 1600m final
Sanctioned Events Criteria
To enter each individual event (ie.100m) an athlete must have a recorded performance at one of the below-sanctioned competitions.
Sanctioned Events: The start date for qualification is 1st September 2020
– 2021 State Combined Event Championships
– AV / ACT / NSW / SA / TAS State Junior Championships 2021
– 2020-21 Victorian Milers Club Season
– 2021 Region Track and Field Carnivals
– 2020-21 AV High Velocity Club Season
– 2020-21 AVSL performances will be considered (Vic / Interstate equivalent)
– 2021 State Track and Field Championships (used for handicapping purposes)
Considered Events – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for verification prior to entering:
– 2020/2021 Little Athletics Centre Competition – results may be considered only in special circumstances –
The following events will not be accepted:
– School District & School Zone competition
– Pro running competition
– Cross Country competition
Please note: If you do not meet the above criteria your entry will be withdrawn for that event. Entries are pending until verification of performances.
– As part of the Stawell Gift permit approval by the Public Events Framework – Central Park will be divided into 2 spectating zones. People won’t be able to move between different zones. The Zones are as below:
1. The grandstand side (no access to Little Athletics Zone)
2. Footy club side (where the LAVic tent is normally located). LAVic athletes and families will be located in this zone.
– Athletes will receive a pass specific to the zone where Little Athletics is located as a condition of race entry; parents will have to purchase tickets via Ticketek to this same zone.
– Spectator tickets go on sale on Tuesday 16th March
– Tickets can only be purchased online and in advance of the event, based on a first come first serve basis. Tickets will not be sold at the gate.
Families and friends of Little Athletics Victoria athletes must purchase White Zone tickets in order to ensure that they can accompany their child during the Carnival. All LAVic athletes will be allocated in the White Zone. If a family member purchases a Maroon Zone ticket they will not be able to accompany or have access to their Little Athlete at the event.
Please note a Little Athletics event t-shirt will not be available to purchase for this event.