The 2021/22 season marks 50 years of Little Athletics Centres across Victoria raising money for the Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH).
Every year Centres participate in fundraising activities to contribute to an overall State donation, presented on Channel 7’s live telecast of the Good Friday Appeal. The Royal Children’s Hospital has played a vital role in saving and improving the lives of thousands of Victorians, including many from within our Little Athletics community. To date Little Athletics Victoria and its Centres have raised well over 1 million dollars.
This season there will be no prescribed ‘Relayathon’ date or activity this season, however Centres are encouraged to maintain our half-century long tradition and raise funds for RCH in the way of their choosing.
Centres will be recognised for their fundraising efforts in two award categories at our annual Gala Awards:
- RCH GFA Overall Per Capita – Awarded to the Centre that raises the most money per financial member.
- RCH GFA Overall Winner – Awarded to the Centre that raises the largest donation overall.
Please help us to continue our long-standing relationship with the RCH and support your Little Athletes in their fundraising efforts for this most worthy cause.
Donations can be collected in several ways. However, final contributions will need to be sent to the LAVic office no later than 21st of March 2022.
Centre fundraising ideas:
A continuous relay event run around an athletics track for a set period of time, with one relay baton being passed to an individual athlete – Centres are encouraged to complete as many laps as possible in the time frame. Families can pledge a donation amount for every lap achieved or every lap milestone – achieved by either the Centre or individual athletes.
Alternative or extra fundraising ideas:
- Centre sausage sizzle BBQ (Proceeds donated to GFA)
- Crazy hair day (All athletes in crazy socks contribute a gold coin)
- Crazy sock day (All athletes in crazy socks contribute a gold coin)
- Long jumpathon (continuous long jump relay, gold coin donation to participate)
- Gold coin donation for either a new bib or Coles patch to be sewn on.
Should you have any questions, please contact the LAVic office at firstname.lastname@example.org.